Sunday 3 June 2012

Featured on Seventeen Magazine June issue

Greetings readers, it's been tooo long! I've been pretty busy with things especially so because I'm launching a plus size label really soon. Hurray~ ;D

Now I'm awaiting for the photoshoot so that I can show you the teaser and heck, I'm soo excited because I simply love the clothes so bloody much! Hahaha.

Okay so first things first, I wanna share with you about my wonderful incident a couple of days ago. I was pleasantly surprised when I flipped the first few pages of Seventeen Magazine June issue and saw that my letter was the four featured letters of this mth! ;D Well, too bad it isn't the winning letter but who cares rite..? I mean to be the top 4 letters picked out of the thousands they have received thus far, that's beyond wonderful..And I am truly honoured.


Well what inspired me to email them is that I believe that plus size women are under-served. And that is sad because we are also into fashion just like any other regular body size women out there. But because we have some lovin' here and there we are restricted to just eye-pleasers we see gracing the magazines or runways. I mean, come on, give us a break. It's about time we have probably a plus-size magazine? Or a plus-size pageant held annually? Or maybe more plus size fashion shows or plus size models? We seriously need to do something about it.

So here's what I thought. Talk is cheap. Right? So I'm gonna start the ball rolling, who knows, it might just be what the industry needs to kickstart an evolution. So I launched my plus size fashion blog and now I am gonna launch my plus size label too. As you can probably tell, plus size clothes are expensive (most of the time), ranging from $50 onwards (well that's expensive to me at least). If it's cheaper, it's probably of an inferior quality or some ugly-looking piece of cloth. Yeah, reality that is. So I figured what we needed is a clothing label that is affordable yet fashionable and OF COURSE, comes in plus sizes. I think Asians especially need to produce more plus size label that has all 3 aspects that I just mentioned.

So yeah, I'm not gonna talk so much about the label, you guys just have to wait and see. For now I hope you lovely readers would continue to stay tuned to my blog for more sneak peeks and awesome news. Have a brilliant day! xoxo